In the ever complex world of crypto, OpenSwap strives to deliver products to simplify your life. We are happy to present the OpenSwap $One Click Bridge.
This is a simplified and smoother way to use the Horizon bridge supported by Harmony One. The bridge will allow you to transfer tokens / coins across networks. Currently you can bridge assets to / from Harmony on the Ethereum and Binance Smart Chain networks. Terra and Polygon are planned to be supported in the near future.
Here is a quick tutorial on using the bridge:
1. Go to OpenSwap (app.openswap.one). Click on ‘Bridge’ in the top menu to view the main bridge page.
2. Click on ‘Select Token’ to choose the token you will be bridging over. A popup will appear letting you choose from any token available. Click on the token icon to populate it into the bridge.
3. Based on the token you select, you will receive a message to change to the correct network in your wallet. At this time you can access your wallet and change to the appropriate network.
4. For MetaMask wallets, click on your wallet and go to the top of the wallet area; in the center is a drop down list of the networks. Click on the appropriate network for the transaction. When you select the correct network, the red highlight message regarding the wrong network will disappear.
5. Enter in the amount you would like to bridge over and click ‘Bridge’.
6. Once you click ‘Bridge’, you will need to confirm that transaction in your wallet. Once confirmed, the ‘Bridge’ icon will show a rotating circle to signify progress on the bridge. The motion of the icon will stop when the bridge is complete.
The tokens are successfully bridged over to Harmony and available in your wallet. At this time you can use the tokens to swap , farm, or hold. Enjoy!
A few quick notes regarding using any bridges not just OpenSwap’s $One Click Bridge:
- It is important to confirm that you have the appropriate tokens available in your wallet for any network fees. On Binance Smart Chain Network, BNB is needed to pay for fees. On Ethereum, ETH is needed to pay for fees.
- If the newly bridged tokens are not showing up in your wallet, you may need to approve adding the tokens in your actual wallet. Additional information may be found in your OpenSwap guide on the ‘Adding Tokens to your Wallet’ section.
Sending tokens from Harmony to other networks
The process of sending tokens from harmony back to the perspective network is just as simple as bring them over. All of the steps are the same with a little twist. After selecting the token to bridge, click the ‘Swap’ button located between the two networks. This will reverse the networks and have you sending the token from Harmony to the original network. At this time, you will follow all the same steps to complete the bridge.
OpenSwap (app.openswap.one) is a fast and secure non-custodial decentralized exchange that serves as a one-stop-shop to buy, trade, and earn crypto whether you’re from the Harmony, Ethereum, or Binance Smart Chain networks. OpenSwap allows Harmony users to seamlessly trade peer to peer without the tokens ever leaving the original wallet and through liquidity supplied by other users of the platform. With OpenSwap, users can:
- Exchange Tokens/Coins
- Provide Liquidity to Pools
- Earn Rewards by Staking in Lucrative Incentivized Liquidity Pools
- View ‘Personal Farming Profile’ detailing your rewards including Total Stake Value, Average APR %, Total Current Rewards, and Total Current Rewards in USD
- Simplified Bridge for Tokens/Coins to and from the Harmony, Ethereum, and Binance Smart Chain Network
- Collect Fees on Provided Liquidity Without Staking
- Vote on Governance Decisions, Including Adding New Tokens